If you are looking to find your Gmail contacts, this guide will help you achieve this. The way to find your google contacts differs based on the device you are using i.e. laptop, android mobile or iPhone.
Gmail is one of the most popular email service providers with more than 1.2 billion users. Beyond email, we also use Gmail for saving our contacts,
Many times it is difficult to know where these contacts are located. Especially when Gmail makes changes to their layout. In this post, you will get an easy guide to where your Gmail contacts are located, whether you are on laptop or mobile.
Where are my contacts in Gmail?
The Gmail contacts can be accessed in the following way:
- When using Gmail on Laptop – You can find contacts by clicking on dotted circle icon on the right-hand side and selecting “Contacts” from drop-down
- When using Android Mobile- You can find Gmail Contacts on the “Google Contacts” App
- When using iPhone- To get your Google Contacts on iphone, you need to add Google Mail Account to iPhone which will sync the Gmail contacts with Iphone
The detailed for all the above ways are presented below.
1. Finding Gmail Contacts on Laptop
On a laptop, you can access your contacts on Gmail by clicking on Google Apps Icon (Square with small circles next to the username on right-hand side) and select the “Contacts” App from the list by scrolling down.
2. Finding Gmail Contacts on Android Mobile
Google has made it easier to find and manage your Gmail contacts on Android mobile with a stand-alone “Google Contacts” App, rather than having it as just one of the many options on Gmail.
The Google Contacts App comes with a host of features to give you better control over your contacts.
Note that Google Contacts App is the central storage for all your contacts stored in Gmail whether Phone numbers or Email Accounts.
The Google “Contacts” App is synced with Gmail and can be used to access the contacts for all your gmail ids or anyone gmail id.
It also gives you a search bar to easily find a particular contact. You can also find and merge duplicate contacts, that got saved or imported twice. This can be especially useful if you have a long list of contacts.
What’s more this app also gives you the functionality to export the contacts into Google CSV file or Outlook CSV or even in Vcard format (for iOS contacts).
You also get an option to import contacts into your Google contacts from any CSV or vCard file.
You can even print the complete list of contacts with this App.
The Google Contacts App also gives you options to create a group of contacts like friends, family, office colleagues etc. To create a group of contacts, you need to use the “Label” option. Create a new label (which acts as a Group). Select and drag the required contacts to this Label and you will have a group of contacts.
You can even share a Gmail contact or a Group of contacts which will be shared as a vcf file using Whatsapp or Gmail.
3. Finding Gmail Contacts on Iphone
If you are using an iPhone, the way to get to your Gmail contacts is a bit difficult. Google contacts App is not yet available on Apple App store.
So the way to access your Gmail Contacts on Iphone requires you to first set up your Google account in iPhone. This process will sync your Google Contacts with your iPhone contact list
Just follow the process below to access your Google Contacts on iPhone
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to find the option“Passwords & Account”
- Tap on “Add Accounts” and select “Google” from the list of options
- Enter your Gmail ID and password
- In next screen, you will see the list of google services linked to account (usually Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Notes). Make sure the “Contacts option” is active.
- Click on save. Your Google Account is now added to the iPhone,
- You can check your iPhone contacts list which should now show your Gmail Contacts as well.
I am a blogger and on this website, I share helpful information on products and services I personally use.