How to get HDFC Telephone Identification Number
HDFC Telephone Identification Number (TIN), which is also called a PhoneBanking password, is a four-digit number to access your account information on PhoneBanking.
This TIN is usually sent by post to you as a part of your Welcome Kit.
Remember, to keep both your HDFC Customer ID and TIN confidential.
Many times we forget or misplace the HDFC TIN, but you can generate it easily.
This post will guide you on the steps you need to take to reset or generate new HDFC TIN in such circumstances.
How to reset HDFC Telephone Identification Number?
If you forgot your HDFC Telepone Identification Number (TIN), you can change/reset your HDFC TIN by calling HDFC Customer Care from your registered mobile number and follow the IVR options. Do keep your Debit Card details and PIN handy for this purpose.
HDFC Customer Care is (STD Code) – 6160-6161 for the cities Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune
For locations Chandigarh / Cochin / Indore / Jaipur / Lucknow, you need to dial (STD Code)-6160616. For other locations, it is 18602676161.
On calling HDFC customer care, you can follow the below Interactive Voice Response options (highlighted in yellow) to set or generate the new TIN.
These options will help you save a lot of time and quickly reach the option of changing TIN.
- To report loss or damage of card, block netbanking, UPI etc- Dial 1
- For bank account, Dial 2
- For Credit Card -Dial 3
- For Loans, Demat/Forex & Prepaid Cards, MFs- Dial 4
- To change language- Dial *
You will be asked to enter your Customer Identification No.
- To validate with TIN- Dial 1
- To validate with one time password- Dial 2
Dial 1 to generate new One Time Password sent to your regd. mobile number
- For Saving / Current Ac –Dial 1
- For Fixed Deposit or Recurring Deposit -Dial 2
- To return to the main menu- Dial 8
Please select Bank Account no at this stage (usually required if you have multiple accounts)
- For Account balance, statement or last 10 transactions – Dial 1
- For Cheque Book, Stop Payment of Cheque, Cheque Related queries – Dial 2
- Report loss of your card / log a complaint – Dial 3
- Change TIN / unlock net banking id – Dial 4 (you will be asked for additional authentication like your Debit Card / ATM card PIN etc)
- For Bill payments / fund transfer- Dial 5
- Credit Cards- Dial 6
- Return to previous menu – Dial 7
- Return to main menu – Dial 8
- Speak to Phone banker – Dial 9
Always remember to keep your TIN confidential. You don’t need to disclose it to anyone.
Ideally, you should try to remember it and avoid writing it down. But, don’t make it too easy to guess.
HDFC PhoneBanking Customer Care Number
HDFC Phonebanking is a service provided by HDFC bank to access your Bank Account, Credit Cards, Loans, Demat Accounts and Investment Services using your phone or mobile.
There is a common PhoneBanking number provided by HDFC bank to access all these services.
The Phonebanking Number is (std code of your city)-6160-6161 for the cities Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune
Note: For locations Chandigarh / Cochin / Indore / Jaipur / Lucknow, you need to dial 6160616
For other locations it is 18602676161. Other locations include the following
Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Damn and Diu, Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir / Himachal Pradesh
Karnataka, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra (Except Mumbai) and Goa, Meghalaya / Tripura / Nagaland, Mizoram / Arunachal pradesh, Manipur
Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Pondicherry, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh,
Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Sikkim, Andaman and Nicobar
Do remember to enter the STD code of your city before dialling the number.
The HDFC TIN is often used to authenticate yourself when using the phone banking options.
Once you call, you can then select the appropriate option depending on what service or product, your query is related to. It can be for your bank account or your credit card or your loan account etc. Just select the right option by dialling the proper number.
You can also authenticate using your Customer Identification Number (Cust ID) and Telephone Identification Number (TIN).
If you call HDFC customer care for a credit card query, you should keep your Card number and associated PIN ready.
It is also advisable to call from your registered mobile number.
HDFC Toll-Free Numbers
Toll Free number is 1800 266 4332 for Credit Card queries in following locations only:
Agra, Ajmer, Allahabad, Bareily, Bhubaneshwar, Bokarol, Cuttackl, Dhanbadl, Dehradun, Erode, Guwahatil Hissarl Jammu and Srinagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kamal! Kanpur, Madurail Mangalore, Mathura, Mysore, Pali, Patiala, Patna, Rajkot, Ranchil , Rourkela, Salem, Shimla, Siliguri, Silvassa , Surat, Trichy, Udaipur, Varanasi
For any other cities. please select PhoneBanking number from the below list
Reporting loss of your Debit / Credit ATM / Forex / Prepaid / Bearer Card is available 24 hours on all days including Sundays and Holidays.
Just call the PhoneBanking number in your Location.
For reporting a complaint without validating yourself, Toll-free number is 1800 258 3838. This service is available only between 8.00 a.m to 8.00 p.m on all days.
HDFC Credit Card related services are usually available 24 hours on all days including Sundays and Bank holidays.
Reporting loss of cards is an Agent assisted facility and is available 24 hours on all days.
HDFC Credit Card Customer Care Email ID
HDFC bank website does not provide an email id.
You can go to this link to raise an issue through their HDFC Bank portal system.
HDFC Credit Card report unauthorized transactions
Do read instructions below before reporting such transactions
- To report credit card / debit card /net banking transactions not done by you, call PhoneBanking
- To report Prepaid Card transactions not done by you, call PhoneBanking
- For PayZapp Call on 1800 102 9426 or email at [email protected]
- To report credit card /debit card /net banking transactions not done by you, Call on 18002586161
Do keep the following details handy before calling PhoneBanking
How To Activate Your HDFC Bank Credit Card Through ATM
- Call HDFC Phone banking and request them for a One-time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number.
- Once you receive OTP by SMS, visit any HDFC Bank ATM and insert your credit card in the slot
- On the language selection screen, choose the “Create new ATM using OTP” option.
- Enter the OTP you have received on your registered mobile number in the space provided.
- You will be required to enter your registered phone number for verification purposes.
- After entering your phone number, you will be asked to enter new 4-digit PIN.
- Please enter the PIN you wish and click on the “Submit” option.
Your HDFC credit card PIN will be successfully changed and you can use your new PIN for further transaction.
How to Activate Your HDFC Bank Credit Card Through Netbanking
- Go to HDFC bank website and login using your customer ID and password.
- Once logged in, Click on the “Credit Cards” tab on the left
- Select “Credit card ATM PIN” option from the list
- Select your HDFC credit card to activate and click on the “Continue” tab.
- You will be asked to confirm the transaction. Click on “Confirm”. The new credit card PIN will be sent by post to your mailing address.
- Once you receive the new PIN, you could visit the nearby HDFC ATM to change it.
HDFC Bank offers plenty of options to pay your Credit Card bills outstanding:
Other information on cards/services offered by HDFC