If you are that person who is looking to sell anything they have around their home at very low prices, then Facebook Marketplace is the platform for you.
If you have an online store or want to start your own business, the Facebook marketplace is a simple and effective way to increase sales, or maybe you just started a business and you are looking for a platform to sell your products online too.
Have you cleaned out your garage and want to get rid of the things you don’t use anymore? Do sales on your website not go as well as you had hoped? Would you like more people to see your store?
Whatever product you sell on the Facebook Marketplace you will find people interested in your product. Facebook Marketplace allows you to publish sales advertisements, offering both second-hand and brand-new items.
Are you looking forward to learning more and trying to sell your items on the Facebook Marketplace? This article will explain everything in steps and make sure you take action immediately after reading.
Choose the Facebook sales solution that best meets your demands, and I promise that if you follow the advice I’m going to offer you, you’ll be able to post adverts and make your items visible in a very straightforward manner.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace acts as a place where users, whether they are individuals, sellers, or manufacturers, can list their items along with a price.
It is a ‘virtual square’ where sellers and potential buyers can meet directly and simply, exchanging information, negotiating, and, finally, completing the buying and selling independently.
For private individuals, it is a tool for making unused or used objects to profit. While for companies it is an indispensable resource in a sales-oriented digital marketing strategy. To use the platform it is necessary to know which products are not allowed on the market, listed on the appropriate page of the Facebook eCommerce policy.
Features of the Facebook Marketplace
- It allows users to list products, find and advertise products
- It is not possible to buy or sell services on Facebook Marketplace
- It does not support transactions
- It allows users to find products and contact the seller directly
- It is more of a product listing site than an eCommerce platform
Steps to list what you sell on Facebook MarketPlace
- Log in to Facebook, locate ” Marketplace ” on the left, and click on it.
- Log in to the Facebook Marketplace
- Click on “Sell”
- Attach a photo by clicking on “Add Photo” and enter the relevant information about the product.
- Complete product information
- Click on “Next” to add the product to the Facebook Marketplace.
Once you have filled in the relevant data, click on “Next” and you will be transferred to a dialog box that will ask you to share it for greater coverage with other groups you belong to.
What can be sold on Facebook Marketplace
- Clothes, toys, and baby equipment
- Used electronics but in good condition
- Handmade items
- Anything you can be sold on Facebook Marketplace
What you have to do to ensure sales
- Insert clear photos or make use of the services of a professional photographer to capture high-quality images of your product.
- Write a more detailed description of the product, it should be thorough and a honest description
- Enter a clear and appropriate price
- Add optimized keywords to the title and description of your product.
- Respond quickly to messages
Other Places that you can sell on Facebook
1. Sale on Facebook groups
- Enter the sales group.
- Click on “Sell something”.
- Enter the details of the article.
- Choose whether to post the ad on the group only, or also on Marketplace and similar recommended groups.
- Click on “Publish“.
2. Sale on Facebook Shops
As anticipated, Facebook Shops is the function that allows you to create windows on Facebook to sell professionally.
But that’s not all: with Facebook Shop, you can publish collections to showcase specific products, reach more customers with ads and access the insights of the Sales Manager.
In addition, as well as on the social of the same name, by creating a Facebook shop you can sell on Instagram without additional configurations.
In other words, opening a Facebook Shop is the best solution for selling on Facebook without a website.
How to open a Facebook shop
- Create a Facebook page of your shop, if you don’t already have it, and link it to the Business Manager.
- From the Sales Manager, click on “Start” → “Create a shop”.
- Choose whether to sell only on Facebook, Instagram, or both.
- Create the product catalog manually or, if you already have an online shop, import it automatically.
- Configure your shipping options.
- Publish your shop and start selling.
As mentioned, if you do not already have an online store you will have to manually create the products to be sold: since it is a long and cumbersome operation, the best way to sell on Facebook is to create an eCommerce site from which to import the catalog with one click. , for example by choosing an all-inclusive solution to sell online like Shopify that allows you to manage all sales operations from one place
3. You can also sell with Shopify on Facebook
In addition to the proposed solutions, with the integration between Facebook and Shopify, you can sell your products on both platforms and manage everything from a single dashboard.
This means that the easiest way to sell on Facebook is to install the Facebook sales channel on your Shopify store: in this way, you can automatically import products, customize the appearance of the Facebook showcase by creating a design consistent with your main store, and manage all orders from one place.
If you’re short of product ideas to sell, check out our guide on what to sell online or tap into this list of dropshipping products. for inspiration.
Selling on Facebook is a great way to reach the millions of users who use the platform every day.
Due to the available sales options, starting to sell your products on Facebook MarketPlace. As a means to connect with more people, you may also try Kik, which is free to sign up for and you can delete your account if you don’t like it.