Jio Dongle also called as JioFi is a popular device for wireless access to internet from home or any other place. Especially in these times, when many people are working from Home. In this post, we will look at the complete guide on how to recharge Jio Dongle with details of all the ways like how to recharge Jio dongle using Paytm, Google Pay.
Recharging your JioFi is very similar to doing Jio SIM recharge. After all, JioFi device works using a SIM number only.
How to recharge Jio Dongle
You can recharge Jio Dongle by using My Jio App on your mobile or logging in at Jio.com website. You can also recharge Jio Dongle using Google Pay or Paytm. Keep your JioFi sim number handy and decide the plan to do the recharge.
Let’s now see the detailed steps n how to do recharge Jio Dongle using all these ways.
Way 1: How to recharge Jio Dongle using My Jio App on Mobile- Steps
If you are using My Jio App for the first time and have not logged in My Jio App before, follow the steps below-
- Step 1: Download and Install My Jio App on mobile
- Step 2: On Home Screen, tap on JioFi tab to access JioFi options
- Step 3: Enter JioFi Sim Number
- Step 4: On next screen, confirm or enter any alternate mobile number on which you will receive OTP to login
- Step 5: Once you are logged in, you will get the option to recharge JioFi on home screen
Steps for User already using My Jio App for mobile SIM
If you are already using My Jio App for your mobile SIM, then follow the steps below. With these steps you be able to link your JioFi device to My Jio App to do the recharge and avail all other services in future.
- Step 1: Open My Jio App and click on the three dotted lines
- Step 2: Go to the option on Profile & other settings
- Step 3: On next screen, you will see an option to link account. If JioFi is in same as your mobile sim, the JioFi sim number will be shown as an account available to link. Click on Link new account if it is not showing in the available list.
- Step 4: On next screen, select the account type as JioFi and enter or confirm the alternate number to receive OTP
- Step 5: Once you have the linked the JioFi device to your My Jio Account, you can do the recharge and also avail other services
In case you just want to recharge without linking JioFi account, here’s what you can do:
- Simply go to the three dotted lines above and select recharge for a friend
- Enter your JioFi sim number and check the options
However, we suggest that linking the JioFi account to My Jio App is more better way since once the linking is done, you can have the permanent profile of JioFi on your app which also gives you the details of data consumed and store your recharge history.
Also Read: How to check Jio Balance [5 Easy Ways]
Way 2: How to recharge Jio Dongle using Google Pay / Paytm
To recharge Jio SIM using Google Pay or Paytm follow the steps below-
- Go to My Jio App and switch to JioFi account profile if you have linked it (following steps above). If you have not linked it yet, just select “Recharge for a friend” option on clicking the three dashes (refer guide above)
- Select the recharge plan of your choice
- On the next screen, payment mode- select UPI and respective payment service like Google Pay or Paytm
You may have noticed that recharging JioFi is same as doing a normal Jio number recharge. As even the plans are the same.
Steps to recharge Jio Dongle at Jio.Com
You can also recharge Jio Dongle by going to Jio.Com. Follow the steps below
- Go to Jio.com and click on the recharge tab on the Home Page
- On next screen, click “Mobile & JioFi” option
- Enter the Mobile Number for the JioFi device SIM
- Select the recharge plan of your choice and continue
JioFi Recharge Plans
Here is a look some of the Jio Dongle Recharge plans available
|1.5 GB Plan|
|₹199||28 Days||42 GB|
|₹399||56 Days||102 GB|
|₹555||84 Days||126 GB|
|₹2121||365 Days||504 GB|
|2 GB Plans|
|₹249||28 Days||56 GB|
|₹444||56 Days||112 GB|
|₹599||84 Days||168 GB|
|₹2399||365 Days||730 GB|
It’s easy to do the recharge from the convenience of mobile or laptop. My Jio App is a good option if you want to do it from mobile. It will be good to research and decide on the recharge plan as Jio keeps coming with the new plans, before jumping into recharging. The recharge plans and various offers available for JioFi are usually same as applicable for any Jio Sim.
I am a blogger and on this website, I share helpful information on products and services I personally use.