If you have received Amazon Gift card / voucher as a gift and curious to know how to redeem it, read on. Amazon Gift Card (also called as Amazon Pay eGift Card) is becoming a preferred choice for gifting your friends and relatives. In this article, we will cover the step by step process to redeem Amazon Gift Card (Amazon Pay eGift Card)
Amazon offers two main types of gift cards – digital and physical ones. The digital gift cards are called as Amazon Pay eGift cards which can be sent instantly using available delivery options i.e. 1) Email or 2) Share via link using Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger
You also have the option of physical gift cards (Loaded with Fixed amount). These are simply called as Amazon Pay Gift Cards. These are more suitable to be gifted when physically meeting someone on occasions .
Let’s discuss the process to redeem Amazon gift cards when you have received one.
To redeem Amazon Gift card, follow the 4 simple steps below:
- Locate the gift card code on the card (if it is a physical card- it will 14 digits long / if it is received in email or message- it will be 16 digits long including hyphens “-“)
- On the Amazon Mobile App Home Page, click on three dotted lines at top left to open up the menu. Scroll down and tap on the “Your Account” option. In case you are using Amazon Desktop, go to Amazon Pay Tab from Home Page
- Scroll down and find “Add Gift Card” option under Amazon Pay tab (India)
- Enter the gift card code and click “Add to Your Balance”
To redeem Amazon Pay eGift card, follow these 4 simple steps:
It is much easier to redeem Amazon Gift card received over Email or Whatsapp.
Although, you get a gift card code with this communication, you don’t even need to enter the code.
If you already have Amazon app installed on the phone (which is logged in) on which you have received the gift card either by Whatsapp or over Email, redeeming it is a breeze.
See the steps below to redeem Amazon Gift Card received over Whatsapp or Email:
- Just click on the gift card link you have received on Whatsapp
- You will be taken to Amazon App and see a button with option “Add to Account”
- Just tap or click on the button and the gift card amount is added to your Amazon Pay Balance
- Gift card message received over email will also have an golden button with option “Add to Account” in the mail body
- Once you tap on it, it automatically takes you to the Amazon App
- You will get a confirmation “Your Gift Card Amount has been added to your Amazon Pay Balance”
That’s it, you now have the gift card amount added to your Amazon Pay Balance. You can now use this to buy any product on Amazon or even recharge your mobile using Amazon Pay.
The gift cards are available in templates for a variety of occasions like Birthday, Wedding, Friendship Day, Farewell, Anniversary etc. These gift cards are available in denominations up to ₹10,000/-.
Amazon Pay Gift Card vs Amazon Pay eGift Card Code
A physical Gift Card Code is 14 characters long without any hyphens e.g. A43QAV2K12Q29B.
Note that an email Gift Card Code is 16 characters long (including hyphens) and usually contains both letters and numbers (for example LM34-OV5XS-JANL7).
By what time should you redeem Amazon Gift Card?
Amazon Gift Card is valid for only a year from date of purchase (physical) or activation. So you need to make the redemption within this time limit.
Can Amazon Gift Card be redeemed in cash?
Please note that you cannot redeem Amazon Gift Card amount in cash. It is also not possible to transfer Amazon Pay Balance to any bank account. Amazon Gift Card balance can only be redeemed for the purchase of eligible products on Amazon Website.
Also, Gift Card balance cannot be used to purchase other gift cards.
Also Read: How to Share Amazon Wish List [All Steps Explained]
Does Amazon Gift Card need to be redeemed for full value at one time?
Any purchases you make will be deducted from your Gift Card balance. If there is any unused balance in your Amazon Gift Card, it will remain in your Amazon.in account. You can use the balance for future purchases till the expiration date.
If your purchase exceeds the Gift Card balance, you have to pay the remaining amount using credit card, net banking or debit card. No fees or charges apply to Gift Cards.
Also, note that the unused balance on gift card associated with an Amazon.in account cannot be transferred to another Amazon.in account
What if Amazon Gift Card is lost / stolen?
Amazon terms mention that the gift cards are the responsibility of the customer. Any gift card lost or stolen cannot be replaced.
In case you face any issues, you can also get in touch with Amazon Customer Care-
CALL –1800 3000 9009