Chime is a fintech company that offers fee-free online banking service in partnership with Bancorp Bank and The Strides Bank. If you are banking with Chime and facing an issue of your Chime routing number not working, you are on the right post to get details on this issue, possible solutions and the steps to find the updated chime routing number for your account.
To start with basics, the routing number is a nine-digit identification number that uniquely identifies a bank or financial institution. It is also referred to as American Bankers Association Routing Transit Number (ABA RTN) or routing transfer number.
It is also important to note that each bank or financial institution can have up to 5 routing numbers which may be due to reason like multiple geographical locations, different entities.
Routing number is required while setting up direct deposit with your employer, IRS forms filing for tax refunds, unemployment benefits or transferring funds between banks.
In case of Chime, since its not a bank but offers mobile banking through banking partners- Bancorp Bank or The Strides N.A, there is a possibility of either of two routing numbers, depending upon who is the banking partner for your specific Chime account.
In fact, it can be even more as each of these banks may also be having more than 1 routing number.
You can find your Chime banking partner’s name on the back of your Chime Debit Card. Also, you can find your bank name and routing number on Chime mobile app itself (we have covered the steps below on how to access your specific account routing number on Chime app)
Chime Routing Numbers
Chime usually has the following two routing numbers and bank addresses, as displayed on the website. Depending upon who is the banking partner associated with your Chime account, you can select the appropriate one
- The Bancorp Bank – 031101279
- Stride Bank, N.A. – 103100195
The Bancorp Bank
6100 S Old Village Pl
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Stride Bank N.A
324 W Broadway Ave
Enid, OK 73701
Although Chime routing numbers generally stay the same, but before using these routing numbers, make sure you confirm this by checking on the Chime Mobile App. The routing number could also change depending upon the location of Banking Partner where your Chime account is opened.
Chime Routing Number not working
Some possible reasons why your Chime Routing Number is not working
- You may be referring to outdated source like Deposit Slip or Check to get the routing number details
- Routing number may not be your specific Chime banking partner or location
- Routing number may have changed (rare possibility)
- Routing number may not be accepted by the concerned institution due to higher number of frauds or other reasons-Some states may not allow you to use particular bank routing number, due to the high incidence of fraud claims. You can check with local department of labor to confirm if it is the reason.
The best way to find your Chime routing number is by checking it from the Chime mobile banking app. You can refer the steps below to confirm your Chime routing number.
How to find Chime routing Number?
- Open the Chime mobile app and login
- Next go to Settings (gear icon on the top left)
- Scroll down to the “Account Information” section from the list of options
- You will be able to find your Routing Number as well as your Account Number
Alternatively you can also follow path below
- Open the Chime mobile app and login
- Next tap on “Move Money” option
- Next select “Move your Direct Deposit”
- You will find the name of your banking partner, routing number and the account number displayed on direct deposit screen
In fact, Chime also allows you to download pre-filled form with your Chime routing number and account number which you can submit to your employer for direct deposit. For this go to Chime App, tap on Move Money at the bottom of app home page, next tap Direct Deposit > Email me a pre-filled direct deposit form to get the form mailed to you.
You can print the form to submit to your provider or forward the mail to your employer.
If even after going through the steps above, you are not able to get the correct routing number for your chime account, you can try to connect with Chime Support to get help on this issue. It could be a specific case.
Why is your Chime routing number different from your friend
Your friend may have different banking partner associated with the Chime bank account or it could be location issue. This is not an issue to worry about as it does not make difference in the features offered by Chime.
Chime routing number is an important information that you should always be aware of. Fortunately, with Chime mobile app, you always have access to your routing number on the go. Make it a practice confirm your routing number directly on the app to avoid sharing a wrong number which can cause payments to fail. In case, you still need help on routing number for a specific case, you can reach out to chime support on email- [email protected] or directly call them at 1-844-244-6363.