Quick Access PIN is a PIN that gives you quick access to your account on the HDFC Bank MobileBanking app. It is a 4 digit PIN, that you can set, to access your account on mobile by avoiding the hassle of typing long and complicated passwords.
How to register Quick Access Pin on HDFC Mobile Banking APP
You can register Quick Access PIN by following the steps below:
- Open HDFC Mobile banking App. You will see 2 login methods- “Customer ID” or “Quick Access PIN”
- Click on “Set Up Quick Access PIN” under login button
- Verify yourself by entering registered mobile number and customer ID
- Enter OTP you received via SMS
- Enter your Debit Card details like Debit Card No, Expiry Date and ATM Pin
- Enter new 4-digit PIN and Retype the PIN to confirm
Post that customer will receive acknowledgement of successful registration of Quick Access PIN.
If you face any errors like “You are not authorised to set Quick Access Pin” or “You are not registered for Quick Access Pin”, make sure that you are using the device with the registered mobile number. Also, if you have already activated registered for mobile banking before, you may have to use option of forgot “Quick Access PIN” (see below)
If for some reason, you are still unable to do this, it could be a specific troubleshooting issue. In such case, you can always login using your Customer ID and password (same as your NetBanking login details).
If your Quick Access PIN is not working, not being accepted or if you have simply forgotten it, here is a simple and easy way to reset it.
How to reset HDFC Quick Access PIN
To reset your HDFC quick access pin, follow the steps below:
- Open HDFC MobileBanking app and click on ‘Forgot 4-digit PIN’ on the right hand side under the Login button
- Verify yourself by entering your registered mobile number and customer ID
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number
- Verify your Debit card details
- Enter and re-enter a different, new 4 digit Quick Access PIN and press ‘Continue’. You will now have your new PIN through which you can access your accounts
How to change HDFC Quick Access PIN when logged in Mobile Banking
You can change Quick Access PIN on HDFC Mobile Banking App:
- Go to Menu > Tap on ‘Your Profile’ > Tap on ‘Security Center’ > Tap on ‘Manage Quick Login Method’ > Tap on ‘Change’ option
- Enter the existing Quick Access Pin
- Enter the new Pin
- Re-enter new PIN and Tap on ‘Confirm’
Post that customer can login through updated Quick Access PIN.
How to de-register Quick Access PIN
You can even de-register Quick Access PIN by following the four steps below:
- Open HDFC Mobile Banking App and log in > Tap on Menu > Tap on ‘Your Profile’ > Tap on ‘Security Center’ > Tap on ‘Manage Quick Login Method’ > Tap on ‘Remove’ option
- Confirm all the details and Tap on ‘Confirm’
- Receive acknowledgement of successful de-registration of Quick Access Pin > ‘Done’
Related queries on HDFC Mobile Banking
If you have already registered for NetBanking, you simply need to download the MobileBanking App from the App Store or Play Store and set it up using your account details.
- You can choose to sign in using your NetBanking login ID and IPIN or set up a 4-digit Quick Access PIN
- If you do not wish to download the app, you can also access NetBanking via your mobile browser. The login process will be the same as NetBanking on your computer
- You can access this service by visiting http://m.hdfcbank.com on your mobile phone
Did You KNOW?
You can also get Mobile version of your passbook called “mPassbook” using HDFC Mobile Banking-
It is a new feature in the HDFC Bank MobileBanking App. With mPassbook, you check your updated passbook on your mobile phone and easily track your transactions. Save yourself a visit to the bank branch.
mPassbook is an easy way to get regular transaction updates on your Savings or Current Account and a summary of your Recurring and Fixed Deposits. These can be viewed even when you are off-line.
It even allows you to categorize your transactions and track your income expenses.
mPassbook is currently available for Android and iOS users only.
- Open HDFC Mobile App, and in the pre-login section you will see the mPassbook feature.
- Complete the one-time registration to start using the mPassbook feature.
With this app, you can keep a daily track of all transactions and always stay updated with your bank balance.
I am a blogger and on this website, I share helpful information mostly on products and services I personally use.