If you use Cash App and are looking for ways to pay with Cash App in-store without a card, you are on the right post. Although using the Cash App Card is one of the easier and most widely accepted options for paying with Cash App, there are some ways that you can still explore to pay using Cash App in stores, if you don’t have the Cash App card on you just by using your mobile.
You can pay with Cash App at stores without a Card, using the following ways
- Using Apple Pay or Google Pay (link your Cash Card to the wallets)
- Pay with CashApp Pay by scanning the QR code on the POS system (for shops that accept Square POS)
- Pay by using Cash App to Cash Tag of the seller if the seller has a Cash App business account
We will cover the details and the pros and cons of each of the methods.
The best method is the first one as you have to link your Cash Card to Apple Pay as a one-time setup and then pay at any stores which accept Apple Pay. So this allows you to make payments at maximum stores as Apple Pay has wider acceptability at most stores.
How to Pay with Cash App in Store without Card
- Pay using Apple Pay or Google Pay (linking your Cash Card to these wallets)
- Pay using CashApp Pay Feature by scanning the QR code at the stores POS system
- Pay using CashTag of the seller’s business account
Pay using Apple Pay or Google Pay
If you have a Cash Card linked to Apple Pay or Google Pay, you don’t need to worry about carrying your physical card with you. You can just pay at stores using these wallets by using the Cash Card as the payment method.
Now, in case you have not received the physical Cash App card yet, you can still use the Cash Card generated inside Cash App and add it to the Apple Pay or Google Pay wallet with a few clicks. This should work even when you have not yet received the physical card in your mail.
Pro Tip- It is better to link the Cash Card directly to Apple Pay or Google Pay using the option within Cash App. Else, you will have to verify your Cash Card with Apple Pay or with Google Pay, as the case may be, which can be more tedious.
Once you have the Cash Card linked to Apple Pay, you can use it conveniently to pay in stores that accept Apple Pay without having the card with you.
Another great thing about using Cash App Card with Apple Pay is you can get the advantage of using Cash App Boosts, which work only if a transaction is on the Cash App card.
Pay using CashApp Pay Feature by scanning the QR code at the stores POS system
A recent feature in Cash App gives you the ability to pay by scanning the QR code at a store with Cash App. However, this option works if the store has a Square Point of Sales (POS machine) which does have a good network of more than 2 million merchants.
All Square Sellers are now equipped to take payments directly via Cash App using the Cash App Pay option. It is not as popular as the Venmo QR code though but may pick up with increasing demand.
But do note, that you will not get the Boost benefit when using the Cash App Pay scan QR code feature.
Pay at Stores (who are Square Sellers) using the Cash App QR scanner
- Ask the cashier at the store if they have a Cash App Scan option or if they have a Square POS machine
- Tap the Payments ‘$’ tab on your Cash App to get to the home screen
- Tap the QR Scanner on the top left corner of the screen
- Scan the QR Code at the Square Sellers point of sale
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Pay using CashTag of the seller’s business account
Another option you can explore is by paying to Cash $Tag of the seller at the store if they have a Cash App Business Account and they accept payments via Cash App.
Do keep in mind that the seller has to bear 2.5% fees on receiving money on a Cash App business account. So not all sellers will prefer this model.
Do note that Cash App payments are not covered by Buyer Protection.
This is similar to making a normal sending money transaction on Cash App
- Open the Cash App.
- Enter the amount.
- Tap Pay.
- Enter an email address, phone number, or $Cashtag.
- Enter what the payment is for.
- Tap Pay.
So there you go, all the ways in which you can pay with Cash App without the card. Hope this makes your journey smoother when using Cash App to make your daily payments.