Cash advance apps allow you to access funds (usually at reasonable charges) to cover for short term requirements. If you are a Chime App user and looking for cash advance apps that support Chime, this post will give you the list.
Cash Advance apps come in handy, if you are in urgent need of funds to pay for expenses like rent, fuel etc. It usually allows you to borrow funds in advance before your payday to cover the need for funds outside the normal pay cycle. However, some apps may even provide loan funds without linking to payday.They offer a much cheaper option than payday loans and overdrafts where the interest rates can be exorbitant.
Some of the cash advance apps include Brigit, Cleo, Albert, Earnin, MoneyLion, Dave, Klover etc. However, not all cash advance apps are supported by Chime.
Let’s see the different cash advance apps and if they are compatible with Chime
- Brigit- Brigit is one of the popular cash advance apps, having more than 1.5 million users. However, using Brigit with Chime is a bit of hit and miss. As per the Brigit website support section providing information on the supported banks, Brigit is no longer supporting new users who are banking with a Chime account, citing connectivity issues. This means that Brigit had worked with Chime in the past (and may still work for some old users) but is no longer able to support the services now.
- Cleo- Cleo is one of the few cash advance apps that works with Chime.Cleo is an AI powered chatbot app that works like a money management app which allows you to link a bank account, analyze your deposits and spending pattern. If you have used it for some time, Cleo also allows you to borrow funds (Salary advance) based on your spending habits and fund balance. For this, you have to subscribe to Cleo Plus service where you can get a salary advance of upto $100
- MoneyLion- Money Lion is one of the popular cash advance apps that works with Chime. It is a membership based service which offers you the instacash option (without interest) of upto to $250 ahead of payday. It also provides short term loans. MoneyLion is known to support Chime
- Earnin- Earnin is another popular cash advance app that can work with Chime. However, this is a bit of trial and error. As per Earnin website, their service is available to selected Chime users on a test basis as they are working on improving it in an attempt to offer full-fledged support. Apparently, there are complications in determining the pay schedule for Chime users as they can receive their paycheck upto 2 days earlier. So you need to try signing up with Earnin and wait for confirmation to know if you are one of the lucky Chime users which Earnin supports. You can refer to their website page which gives the step by step details.
Earnin doesn’t charge any interest and charges on paying, but it does ask for a tip when you opt to it to advance money on your paycheck.
- Branch – Another popular app which offers advance against your paycheck is the Branch app . While Branch can work for Chime users, there is a catch. As per the Branch Support Page, if you bank with Chime, you will be required to put your direct deposit in your Branch Wallet to to qualify for an advance.
The amount of advance you can get on Branch depends on the number of hours you have worked and the wages (usually capped at $500 per pay period). While there are no interest or charges involved here, there is a tip that you can pay. But, if you want to access funds instantly, it does charge fees of $3.99.
- Dave- Dave is one of the cash advance apps that allows users to link their Chime Account. It seems there are no issues for users banking with Chime with Dave. Dave usually provides cash advances to cover small expenses (upto $75). It works on voluntary tips but also charges a monthly subscription fee of $1.
- Albert-Albert is another one of the cash advance apps that works fine with Chime. With Albert, you can get advance cash against your next paycheck. The advance can range from $100 upto a maximum of $250, depending upon your income. Again there is no interest or late fees. However, like other apps, Albert works on a subscription model with a fee of $3.99 per month. Also, if you want to advance instantly, you need to pay a $4.99 delivery fee.
- Klover-The Klover app is another paycheck advance app that is compatible with Chime. While Klover does not charge you interest, charges or checks your credit score. Instead, it earns money through advertising by serving you custom ads based on your profile. The amount of advance you can get varies from $100 to $500. You need to at least 3 direct deposits to qualify for paycheck advance.
- Empower- Another app that works with Chime is Empower App. It allows eligible members (Requires setting up checking account) to get interest-free advance of upto $250. There are some criteria to be eligible like a healthy current account balance, recurring deposits from employer and balance history for Empower to qualify. It also charges a monthly subscription of $8.
- Chime SpotMe– You can use Chime’s own product- Chime SpotMe which allows you an overdraft of upto $200 (Starts from $20) without any fees. To qualify, you need to have a direct deposit of $500 or more. The limit is set based on your account history and activity. With this service, any purchase using Chime debit card exceeding your balance can be funded upto your overdraft limit. So it is allowed only for purchases on your Chime Debit Card and not for withdrawing cash or transferring funds to someone. You can enrol into CHime SpotMe by going to the Settings Tab (make sure you have the latest version of their app) and see if you are eligible.
Cash Advance Apps Supporting Chime- Summary
While based on current available information, below is a list, note that the cash advance apps supporting Chime may change from time to time.
|Cash Advance Apps||Works with Chime||Remarks|
|Brigit||No||Can work for some old users|
|Earnin||Yes (for some users)||Works for selected users on test basis|
|Branch||Yes (for some users)||If you have set up direct deposit with Branch Wallet|
|Klover||Yes||Some users face issues|
|Empower||Yes||Some users face issues|
Are Cash Advance Apps worth it?
While Cash advance apps do turn out to be a cheaper option as compared to exorbitant charges that come with Payday Loans and overdrafts, you should be cautious to avoid overusing it. Don’t depend on this for your funds, as they also in a way lead to debt trap.
If you see yourself using them more than 2 to 3 times, it’s probably time to look at how you manage your money overall. You can look at ways to develop some side income as a long term solution- to take care of your urgent expenses that may come outside of your pay cycle.
Hope this post was helpful in knowing the Cash advance apps supporting Chime.
I am a blogger and on this website, I share helpful information mostly on products and services I personally use.